McGrathNicol promotes five to partner in advisory business

28 June 2022 Consultancy.com.au 3 min. read
Profile
More news on

National consulting and restructuring consultancy McGrathNicol has appointed five new partners in its Advisory business, all of whom have been promoted from within the company.

Deb Stokoe has been with McGrathNicol for eighteen years, after kicking off her career at KPMG. She specialises in a broad range of services including internal audit, probity, financial viability analysis, financial modelling assignments and compliance matters, serving both government and private sector clients.

Through her work for the public sector, Stokoe has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in the Commonwealth Financial Management Framework, grant and funding agreements, contract management and procurement.

Deb Stokoe, Rosemary Winser, Sam McCombe, Sam Boarder and Sara Deady - McGrathNicol

Rosemary Winser has more than 25 years of experience providing advice on all types of formal corporate insolvency matters and restructuring matters.

Alongside her client work, Winser leads McGrathNicol’s Risk and Professional Practice team, which provides an integrated risk management offering building on the propositions from across all the firm’s service lines.

Sam McCombe has more than eleven years of experience and specialises in transactions. He provides end-to-end advice and support to clients from before a deal starts, through to completion, integration and beyond.

McCombe works on the buy-and sell-side of M&A transactions, capital raisings and strategic reviews. His experience includes advisory, acquisition and vendor due diligence, transaction project management, modelling and valuations. Prior to joining McGrathNicol, McCombe worked in Deloitte’s middle market advisory practice.

Sam Boarder heads McGrathNicol’s Government Forensic Investigations practice in Canberra, leading a team specialised in financial and misconduct investigations experience.

Prior to joining McGrathNicol, he spent eighteen years with the Australian Government, where he gained extensive experience in investigating security threats and risks, including counter terrorism, insider threat and counter foreign interference. He also has experience with conducting vulnerability assessments, and analysing disparate or conflicting information.

Sara Deady is a Chartered Accountant and forensic expert specialising in financial crime, regulatory investigations and fraud and corruption risk management.

Deady has been with McGrathNicol for a dozen years, having previous served KPMG for five years. Her track record includes leading a number of high profile civil and criminal investigations across a broad range of industries. She also works with clients to develop and review integrity and governance frameworks and has extensive experience in benchmarking fraud and corruption programs and performing fraud and corruption risk assessments

Commenting on the promotions, McGrathNicol Chairman Jason Preston said: “We are proud to attract, develop and recognise exceptional talent, and we welcome these individuals to the partnership. They have all demonstrated a long-term commitment to client and firm excellence, and we look forward to the contributions they will continue to make to our firm as partners.”

“The growth of our partnership reflects our strong performance and the client need for specialist advisory services. We expect to see demand for expert advice continue to grow as businesses seek guidance in navigating the post-pandemic era.”

The latest intake of new partners lifts McGrathNicol’s partnership to 47 as of 1 July 2022, with around 60% of partners in its Advisory business and the remaining 40% in its Restructuring division.